How is TRUVADA usedto treat HIV-1 disease
RUVADA (emtricitabine 200 mg and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 300 mg) is a kind of solution called a nucleoside simple switch transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) that is utilized to treat HIV-1 disease in individuals who weigh no less than 77 lbs (35 kg).
TRUVADA is a blend treatment since it has 2 medications in 1 pill– emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. TRUVADA is constantly utilized with other against HIV prescriptions to treat HIV-1 contamination on the grounds that TRUVADA alone is not a total treatment.
HIV taints essential cells for battling disease called CD4 cells, or T cells. When HIV enters the body, the infection increases inside these cells. These new infections are discharged into the blood and contaminate other CD4 cells.
How TRUVADA can offer assistance
- At the point when utilized with another hostile to HIV-1 medication, TRUVADA helps make it harder for HIV-1 to duplicate by obstructing a chemical in your body called switch transcriptase
- By shielding HIV-1 from increasing in your body, TRUVADA helps bring down the viral load, which implies diminishing the measure of HIV in the blood
- TRUVADA may likewise help increment the quantity of CD4 cells when utilized with another hostile to HIV-1 solution
What is TRUVADA?
TRUVADA (emtricitabine 200 mg and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 300 mg) is a physician endorsed drug utilized with other HIV-1 solutions to treat HIV-1 disease in individuals who weigh no less than 35 kg (77 lbs).
TRUVADA does not cure HIV-1 disease or AIDS. To control HIV-1 disease and diminishing HIV-1 related ailments, you should continue taking TRUVADA. Inquire as to whether you have inquiries regarding how to avoid passing HIV-1 to others. Continuously rehearse more secure sex and utilize condoms to bring down the shot of sexual contact with body liquids. Never reuse or share needles or different things that have body liquids on them.
Essential SAFETY INFORMATION
What is the most essential data I should think about TRUVADA?
TRUVADA can cause genuine symptoms:
- An excessive amount of lactic corrosive in your blood (lactic acidosis), which is a genuine restorative crisis. Side effects of lactic acidosis incorporate shortcoming or being more worn out than expected, unordinary muscle torment, being shy of breath or quick breathing, queasiness, retching, stomach-territory agony, cool or blue hands and feet, feeling mixed up or dizzy, and additionally quick or strange heartbeats.
- Genuine liver issues. Your liver may turn out to be substantial and delicate, and you may create fat in your liver. Indications of liver issues incorporate your skin or the white piece of your eyes turns yellow, dim “tea-hued” pee, light-shaded stools, loss of hunger for a few days or more, queasiness, as well as stomach-region torment.
- You might probably get lactic acidosis or genuine liver issues in the event that you are female, exceptionally overweight (large), or have been taking TRUVADA for quite a while. Sometimes, these genuine conditions have prompted passing. Summon your medicinal services supplier right in the event that you have any manifestations of these conditions.
- Intensifying of hepatitis B (HBV) contamination. On the off chance that you additionally have HBV and quit taking TRUVADA, your hepatitis may all of a sudden deteriorate. Try not to quit taking TRUVADA without first conversing with your medicinal services supplier, as they should screen your wellbeing. TRUVADA is not affirmed for the treatment of HBV.
Who ought not take TRUVADA?
Try not to take TRUVADA in the event that you additionally take a medication that contains: emtricitabine, tenofovir alafenamide, or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (ATRIPLA, COMPLERA, EMTRIVA, DESCOVY, GENVOYA, ODEFSEY, STRIBILD, VIREAD); lamivudine (Combivir, Dutrebis, Epivir, Epivir-HBV, Epzicom, Triumeq, Trizivir); or adefovir (HEPSERA).
What are the other conceivable symptoms of TRUVADA?
Genuine symptoms of TRUVADA may likewise include:
- Kidney issues, including kidney disappointment. Your human services supplier may do blood tests to check your kidneys earlier and amid treatment with TRUVADA. In the event that you create kidney issues, your medicinal services supplier may instruct you to take TRUVADA less frequently, or to quit taking TRUVADA.
- Bone issues, including bone torment or bones getting delicate or thin, which may prompt breaks. Your medicinal services supplier may do tests to check your bones.
- Changes in muscle to fat quotients, which can occur in individuals taking HIV-1 prescriptions.
- Changes in your insusceptible framework. Your invulnerable framework may get more grounded and start to battle diseases. This may cause minor side effects, for example, fever, however can likewise prompt major issues. Tell your human services supplier in the event that you have any new indications after you begin taking TRUVADA.
The most well-known reactions of TRUVADA in individuals taking TRUVADA to treat HIV-1 disease incorporate the runs, sickness, tiredness, cerebral pain, wooziness, misery, issues dozing, irregular dreams, and rash. Tell your medicinal services supplier on the off chance that you have any symptoms that trouble you or don’t leave.
What would it be a good idea for me to tell my human services supplier before taking TRUVADA?
- All your medical issues. Make sure to tell your social insurance supplier on the off chance that you have or have had any kidney, bone, or liver issues, including hepatitis infection disease.
- In the event that you are pregnant or plan to end up noticeably pregnant. It is not known whether TRUVADA can hurt your unborn infant. Tell your social insurance supplier in the event that you end up plainly pregnant while taking TRUVADA.
- Pregnancy Registry: A pregnancy registry gathers data about your wellbeing and the soundness of your infant. There is a pregnancy registry for ladies who take prescriptions to treat HIV-1 amid pregnancy. For more data about the registry and how it functions, converse with your social insurance supplier.
- On the off chance that you are breastfeeding (nursing) or plan to breastfeed. Try not to breastfeed. HIV-1 can be passed to the child in bosom drain.
- Every one of the drugs you take, including remedy and over-the-counter prescriptions, vitamins, and natural supplements. TRUVADA may communicate with different solutions. Keep a rundown of every one of your pharmaceuticals and show it to your social insurance supplier and drug specialist when you get another solution.
- On the off chance that you bring certain different pharmaceuticals with TRUVADA, your human services supplier may need to check you all the more frequently or change your measurement. These prescriptions include: didanosine (Videx EC), atazanavir (Reyataz), atazanavir with cobicistat (Evotaz), darunavir (Prezista), darunavir with cobicistat (Prezcobix), lopinavir with ritonavir (Kaletra), or ledipasvir with sofosbuvir (HARVONI).